in Pinar del
Moník Molinet- Visual Artist
I approach the visual arts with the intention and need to confront ideas, to recreate stories that explore the modern circumstances of the human being, immersed in deep chaos with the belief of belonging to an ordered world, alienated by the terrible need to line up socially.
From here, I address the thematic of Beauty, the search for the meaning of being a woman within the social construction, the alteration of the emotional landscape that a person can achieve.
"All my training has been in vocational arts schools, when I was 7 years old I began studying classical music in my hometown of Pinar del Rio, Cuba, then performing arts at the National School of Arts in Havana and later photography at the Academy of Visuals Arts in Mexico City, I can not imagine my life without fine art."
-Vocational Music School, Raúl Sanchez (1998-2003)
-National School of Arts (2003-2007) / Havana, Cuba
- Professional Photography Diploma / Brandhome Image Center - 2014-2015 / Guadalajara, Mexico
- Portrait Specialization / Ricardo Trabulsi / Academy of Visual Arts (AAVI) -2016 / Mexico City, Mexico
- Author Photography / NY Allen Frame / Academy of Visual Arts (AAVI) -2016 / Mexico City, Mexico
- High en Retouch / Post production workshop / Jesús Vilca / México, 2018
- Post Production and digital retouching / Lindsay Alder / Creative Live online platform, 2019
- “The Magic of Gels” / Study color work / Lindsay Alder / Online Course, 2019
- Annie Leibovitz Master Class / Online Platform Master Class 2020
"I have never had the need to exhibit my work until recently, somehow I knew in my early days that I could improve. These first two exhibitions were casual"
Foto México/ Oscar Román Gallery/ Mexico City
Contact Photography Festival/ 500px Gallery/ Toronto
Aurora Home Festival, The first online art and music festival in Latin America / Art Gallery 2020
Up Coming Exhibitions
Humans of the world, Life Framer (Part of my 2d Prize Award)
Rotterdam, 29 November - 19 December 2020, Contour Gallery
Paris, 28 January - 20 February 2021, &co119 Gallery
Milan, 25 March- 13 April 2021 Officine Fotografiche
Arles, Summer 2021, Fisheye Gallery
2dn Prize "Humans of the World" Life Framer/ Judged by Amy Kellner, Photo Editor at The New York Times. 2020
Interviews and Press
- Interview / El Toque, Title: Moník Shoots Obama
- Interview / Vistar Magazine. Title: Photography as Weapon
- Critical Article / Eter Magazine, Title: “Moník Molinet: The Cuban photographer who captivated Vogue”
- Interview La Negra (Cuban Photography Magazine)
- Interview CubaPlus Magazine
- Press Release / Garbos Magazine “Moník Molinet, a Cuban photographer at the Scotiabank Contact Photography Festival” - Cubaness / Article: 7 BEST CUBAN PHOTOGRAPHERS - OnCuba Magazine, video interview, “Moník Molinet's feminist pistol " by Alain Menox
- Fonoma Blog: Top 7 Women Cuban Photographers to follow
- Life Framers Winners of “Humans of the world” 2d Prize https://www.life-framer.com/humans-of-the-world-2020
- IPS Cuba/ Press Release/ “Sorority networks and entrepreneurship sprout in Cuba”
- Alma Mater Magazine/Photo report “Beauty (ties)
- Lym Social/ Interview, Moník Molinet: "The idea of the shutter as a trigger captivated me"